At Airmee, we're working hard to create the best delivery experience in the world and optimize logistics to make it more efficient and environmentally sustainable. Our technology is at the heart of what we do, powering thousands of deliveries each day.
Airmee is one of Europe’s fastest growing logistics startups transforming last-mile delivery, backed by some of Sweden’s biggest investors and entrepreneurs. We help e-commerce by leveraging machine learning and powerful proprietary research-based technology to provide convenient and fast e-commerce deliveries same day or as fast as within the hour.
Airmee is looking for an extremely driven Chief Commercial Officer to lead our sales and growth efforts.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the management team at one of Europe’s fastest growing logistics startups and an international scale-up. As the Chief Commercial Officer, you'll have the opportunity to shape and deliver a commercial plan to scale our delivery services powered by the Airmee tech platform to thousands of more e-commerce merchants and millions of more consumers in the Nordics, Europe and around the world.
Your responsibilities will include leading the sales team and driving the work to build a world-class commercial organization that:
- Accelerate our growth in our home market and internationally by improving the productivity and efficiency of sales and marketing activities
- Increase our profitability
- Accelerate Airmee’s platform strategy
We need a highly strategic, analytic, creative and driven leader with a demonstrated track record of creating explosive growth and exceeding sales targets. You'll be on the frontlines generating new business development opportunities for Airmee while improving and leading all the commercial initiatives in the company.
To succeed in this role, you will need a keen sense of responsibility, initiative and an ability to inspire. You should feel comfortable working autonomously and in a team environment. Successful candidates will bring a dynamic combination of strong interpersonal skills to maximize value both within the organization and with customers and partners. You have an ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
We are looking for a leader that is visionary and can build, coach and inspire high performing teams to reach their potential, but is also biased towards fierce execution by being extremely hands-on. Someone that is set on continuously over-delivering on their sales budget and building the best sales team in the world.
So, what will you do?
- Develop and implement strategies and sales tactics to acquire e-commerce merchants as customers
- Pursue, evaluate, support sales activities and ensure execution of top business development opportunities while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Lead business development from a cohesive lens across multiple domains: e-commerce, logistics, 3PL warehouses, e-commerce platforms, payment providers, etc.
- Set, track and report sales organization’s performance metrics and give business reviews to CEO
- Lead, educate and recruit a team of Sellers and Account Managers to drive commercial strategy and priorities.
- Calculate and create follow-up metrics and mechanisms for the PnL of the sales team
- Ensure that the sales team have all the tools and information to execute in a fast and efficient manner
- Build vision and sales strategy for winning in various international markets and verticals
What're we looking for?
- >8 years of experience in business development and sales with exposure to the tech industry, management consulting, investment banking, private equity, or corporate M&A experience
- Strong people management skills - you set the tone for your team; driving towards results while also being empathetic to their challenges
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Disciplined organizational skills - you'll need to prioritize and manage tens of ongoing processes and projects simultaneously at a fast pace
- Able to balance the role of the strategist with urgency while simultaneously managing delivering results in a growing and very fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decision making without having formal authority. The successful candidate will have the maturity and empathy to resolve potential issues when working with multiple personalities
- BA in Economics, Business, Engineering, or another quantitative focus area. MBA or equivalent highly desired
At Airmee our vision is to optimize all the logistics in cities to make it more environmentally sustainable while providing the best delivery experience in the world.
You will be working with a diverse group of talented, motivated, smart, and interesting co-workers. Being part of a startup in its growth phase you will have the opportunity to influence the culture and build a team around you. You will also have a lot of freedom in how to execute tasks.