Airmee is a well-capitalized start-up that is looking for an extremely talented database engineer to work on some of the most complex problems in the world and help revolutionize logistics. You must have experience designing and building large and complex (yet maintainable) systems.
Airmee is one Sweden's fastest growing logistics startups focusing on fast and convenient deliveries for retailers and other businesses. Our technology that optimizes our logistics fleet in real-time is based on our world-leading research at KTH allows us to do this more cost-efficiently and environmentally sustainably than anyone else.
What're we looking for?
We're looking for a Database Engineer who will be part of the team in charge of internationally scaling the services offered by Airmee. The tasks include database design and development, as well as scaling up our infrastructure to handle ever increasing data loads.
The API is built using NodeJS Amazon Lambdas (Serverless) and the database that provides the functions consumed via the API is built in PostgreSQL. The system infrastructure is hosted on AWS.
You are used to TDD since we aim at having 100% test coverage. We put a great focus on good documentation and code readability, so we expect you to write clean code and properly document it.
You are comfortable working with staging and production environments.
You have considerable experience maintaining and scaling up databases, in particular on indexing databases and managing connection pooling and latency.
You have top-notch communication skills and work ethic.
Skills & Requirements
- a minimum of 5 years of experience managing large scale relational databases
- experience working with database multitenancy
- experience working with large scale database indexing, database replication and high availability databases
- experience working with large volumes of spatial data, e.g., in PostGIS
- experience working with caches in front of databases for load offsetting
- have used pgTAP (for Postgres) in previous projects
- have experience handling PostgreSQL instances hosted on AWS RDS
- have experience monitoring and setting up alarms and relevant action points to be proactive for performance and connection issues
- comfortable working with agile methods
- have at least one project on a public repository (any sharable repository would work)
- 2 years of experience with JS and NodeJS
- experience working with Serverless technology, ideally on AWS Lambdas that make use of database connections
- you are a contributor to the open source community
- have used the PostGIS spatial extension for PostgreSQL for more than 5 years
- have used pgTAP (for Postgres) in previous projects to prevent performance regressions
Why join us?
You will be working with talented, motivated, intense, and interesting co-workers. Being part of a startup in its growth phase you will have the opportunity to influence the culture and build a team around you. You will also have a lot of freedom in how to execute tasks.
“It’s easier to invent the future than to predict it.” — Alan Kay